Looking for a delicious mid-afternoon snack? This one is perfect for hitting your cravings while keeping you going until dinner.
- 800g canned butter beans (2 cans)
- 50ml water
- 500g apple sauce
- 400g self-raising flour
- 3-4tsp baking powder
- 5tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 12-15 dates
- 2tsp Vanilla extract (or alternative of choice)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Prepapre baking tin with baking paper or by greasing with oil.
- Rinse and drain butter beans.
- Beat eggs.
- Finely chop the dates.
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor (except the dates).
- Process until you get a smooth consistency (like mashed potato).
- Stir in the dates.
- Pour the mixture into the prpepared baking tin. (evenly spread it out).
- Place into oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Let cool before cutting into slices.
Makes about 30 (depending on size you cut them)