Everyone loves a scone with jam and cream, but have you tried a savoury scone? This cheese version is a different take on the old fave and perfect as an afternoon tea snack. YUM!
- 220g self raising flour
- 40g butter, melted
- 30 cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven 180 degrees, fan forced.
- Prepare a baking tray by lightly greasing it.
- In a bowl add the flour, salt and butter. Mix.
- Add the cheese and milk and mix.
- Place flour on your work space.
- Knead dough.
- Roll dough to flatten out to 1.5cm thickness
- Using a cookie cutter or alternative piece of equipment, cut out the scones.
- Place scones on prepared baking tray.
- Place in oven and cook until golden in colour (15 to 20 minutes.).
Recipe thanks to Tammy Mond, Nutritionist.